The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

Lincoln Log

Lincoln Log

Lincoln Log

Lincoln librarian, Ms. Scott, sits down with The Log to discuss book banning.
Book Banning: A Conversation with Ms. Scott
Simon Kreft, News Editor • April 19, 2024

In the last three years, the trend of book banning has been hot in the cultural and political landscape. The most recent wave has surrounded...

Music Spotlight: “The Drycleaners” Band

“The Drycleaners” are a new and upcoming indie rock band comprised of Lincoln sophomores Jonah Parda-Jay, River Lewis-Gosch, Ziya May, and Laith Rabah. Their debut single, “20 Miles” was released on all platforms on December 26th, 2023. Sophomore Riley Nations, who listened to the music when it first came out, said, “The main vocalist had a good voice, and I liked the flow of the song.”

The group started out playing in drummer Jonah Parda-Jay’s garage in May 2023, and quickly started creating their own music. They had their first live performance at the Skylark Club in downtown Seattle on December 27th, 2023. The up and coming group has acquired over 200 monthly listeners on Spotify within 3 weeks of their first release, an amount that is projected to increase exponentially in coming months.

According to Jonah, we can expect 3 new songs coming out in 2024, and “Possibly an album by the end [of the year].” Keep an eye out for the breakout band this year by following them on Instagram, @thedrycleanersseattle.