POC’s POV

POC’S POV is a section made by me. I’m Annette (or Annie!) Mora Sanchez. A junior attending Lincoln High School. I’m Mexican. Born in Apizaco, Tlaxcala, Mexico. I’m a member of LSU, or Lincoln’s Latin Student Union club (we meet every Wednesday in room 232). I remember that last year during one of the LSU club meetings we talked about the microaggressions and racism we felt/experienced here at lincoln. This is what inspired me to start this section. I know that LSU members aren’t the only ones facing this problem, all POC (People of Color) students are. Latinx Student Union Poster

I wanted to give us a platform to speak out so that we can share our perspectives and fight against injustices, one interview at a time. If you are a student of color here at Lincoln, please join me in speaking out and fighting for what’s right. I will be interviewing multiple students about different topics of racism going forward, the issues of racism, and the experiences we students have to experience because of it. Please feel free to schedule an interview with me by emailing my school email ([email protected]) or by this Microsoft form (https://forms.office.com/r/hzwixJ9rmK). Thank you for reading all Lincoln students, your support is much appreciated in our cause.