The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

Lincoln Log

Lincoln Log

Lincoln Log

Lincoln librarian, Ms. Scott, sits down with The Log to discuss book banning.
Book Banning: A Conversation with Ms. Scott
Simon Kreft, News Editor • April 19, 2024

In the last three years, the trend of book banning has been hot in the cultural and political landscape. The most recent wave has surrounded...

Lincoln Boys Soccer Looks to defend State Title

The defending champs have a target on their back! The Lincoln Varsity Boys Soccer team are striving for success and are looking to defend their State championship.

After an impressive undefeated 2023 season, the boys are riding high. They had many crucial victories against schools including rival Lakeside High School in the metro finals, and Ballard High School in the state championship.

Boys celebrating state championship win.

William Laprade (10) said, “I’m looking forward to the competition this year. Everyone is going to be out to get us and I believe this is our time to shine once again.” In a league with fierce competition, the players are eager to get the season rolling and play soccer.

Although the team is expected to have a very successful season, they are faced with the loss of eight graduated seniors. The team still has lots of talent, but younger players will be called upon to step up and take the place of these eight.

“I think this team is ready to compete. There is a lot of talent all across the table. Individuals are ready to showcase their skills and I believe that Lincoln is going to be a key competitor for the 3A State Championship again”, said sophomore goalkeeper Michael Reddy.

Captains’ practices have taken place over the past few months and players in all grade levels have been training to prepare for the ’24 season. Lead by senior varsity captains Nolan Todd, Soren Anderson Peterson and Jack Biszek, scrimmages and small sided games have been taking place ton help prepare for the spring season.

Senior captain Nolan Todd, who has played varsity all four years, said, “We are going to do it once again. We have the talent, we have the skill. I am looking forward to [being] undefeated and bringing it home for the Lynx once again.”

Although it will be a challenge, the boys’ soccer program is ready to defend their title. Lincoln has an outstanding soccer program and is looking to have success at all three levels of the program this spring.