The Student News Site of Lincoln High School

Lincoln Log

Lincoln Log

Lincoln Log

Lincoln librarian, Ms. Scott, sits down with The Log to discuss book banning.
Book Banning: A Conversation with Ms. Scott
Simon Kreft, News Editor • April 19, 2024

In the last three years, the trend of book banning has been hot in the cultural and political landscape. The most recent wave has surrounded...

Where did Lynx travel over break?

We all know everyone is missing the long winter break and the comfort of sleeping in, no classes, and no homework. We’ve decided to reminisce back to December and dive into where your Lynx traveled over break!

Costa Rica (Cleo Baerenstien)

Some students stayed home for break, but a very popular activity was skiing or snowboarding. Two popular winter sport spots that came up frequently were Crystal and Snoqualmie Mountain. One senior Lynx, Ella Widmyer, went to her cabin up by Mount Rainier and Crystal for six days, with both family and friends.

Ski season this year was very good, with a couple inches of powder for frequent skiers that traveled over the break, making for a great holiday trip. Sylvie Vermilya, a junior, also traveled up to a place known for its skiing in Vancouver, Canada. However, she went with her mom and sister to enjoy the sights instead of the snow! She says that her favorite part of the two day trip was exploring nature and crossing the suspension bridge.

Some Lynx traveled out of the country as well! Cleo Baernstien, a junior, went to Costa Rica for ten days, over half the break. She said that her favorite part of traveling to Costa Rica was seeing the beach and all the animals. I’m sure we can all agree that it sounds better than the grey winter of Seattle right now. Abby Lee, a freshman, traveled to both Japan and Taiwan with her family over the two week break. She spent a week apiece in each country and said her favorite part of the trip was enjoying the different foods!

Our next upcoming break will be February 19th-23rd, Mid-winter break, which also includes Presidents Day. The four day break may not be enough time to go out of the country, but will definitely consist of hitting the slopes or going on some short trips for a few of your Lynx.